2021 2.5 oz Silver U.S. Coast Guard Commemorative Medal NGC MS70 Early Releases
The obverse shows a Coast Guard national security cutter, the term used for commissioned vessels, speeding through the ocean toward the viewer. The hull number “753” identifies the cutter Hamilton, named after Alexander Hamilton. The inscriptions "U.S. COAST GUARD" and the Coast Guard motto "SEMPER PARATUS" (“Always Ready”) border the upper rim of the coin.
The reverse depicts two iconic Coast Guard symbols: a life preserver ring and the racing stripe mark. The Coast Guard emblem, which is part of the racing stripe mark, is located in the center. The Coast Guard’s core values are inscribed around the life preserver: “HONOR,” “RESPECT,” and “DEVOTION TO DUTY.”
In addition, NGC has further pedigreed these medals with a Early Releases (ER) certification, a designation that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of their release. Collectors seek out these types of pieces because they are produced with new dies and considered to have sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those that are struck later.
Just 10,000 of these 2021 2.5-Ounce Silver U.S. Coast Guard Medals have been struck for worldwide release. That means that there are more Air Force planes than there are medals! Don’t get left stranded; add one of these awesome commemoratives to your personal fleet today!
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – These U.S. Air Force medals were struck by the Philadelphia Mint in 2.5 ounces of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and measure 2 inches in diameter.
- PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2021 2.5-Ounce Silver U.S. Coast Guard Medal has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum edition limit for the 2021 2.5-Ounce Silver U.S. Coast Guard Medal has been set at just 10,000.
- Year: 2021
- Grade: MS 70 Early Releases
- Mintage: 10,000 pcs
- Denomination: N/A
- Metal Content: 2.5 Troy Oz
- Gross Weight: 77.7 Grams
- Purity: .999
- Diameter: 50.8 mm
IDC Coin has 12 Locations across the Southeast United States. Locations are located in: Tampa, FL; Clearwater, FL; Orlando, FL: Port St. Lucie, FL; Gainesville, FL; Lakeland, FL; Sarasota, FL; Naples, FL; Savannah, GA.
IDC Coin is always buying Gold, Silver, and Platinum coins and bars.